So, of course I have a story about L.B. For those of you who don't know, we NEVER know what this child might say. It's sort of like, on the brain on the mouth. Typical child, I know, but wise beyond the mere age of 5. One example...at the mall one day and a lady walked by with very brightly colored purple hair, and L.B. stated loudly and pointed that everyone should look at her 'purple hair.' Needless to say everyone did! I was embarrassed, and Barrett said that's what she gets for having purple hair...anyway, I digress. On Monday and Wednesday nights I have class and so Barrett is all alone for dinner and bed. Apparently, they were sitting at the dinner table and L.B. looks at him and states, "Daddy, I know how to make love!" (I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see his face and reaction!) So, he's thinking....oh my gosh! did my five year old just say that? where did she hear that? how does she even know that phrase? that is too much, too soon! After the mental self talk...he calmly asks, "what do you mean?" She then looks at him, puts her hand in his face and proceeds to show him the sign language for 'I love you'. PHEW! He really dodged a bullet with that one. I think he's just glad that's what she thinks it is to 'make love.' She definitely had him sweating. Such a funny moment! I hope we never forget it.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Ok...totally love this LB story!!!!! Totally love it. And I just found your blog with your facebook update! I'm glad I did!! Great stuff.... Keep blogging!!!
Post a Comment