I'm sure you can tell by the picture what our 'expensive lesson' is. This morning on the way to church, of all places, we got pulled over by a state trooper and issued a ticket. (Another lesson would be it's better to be late!) I must say it is a rather pricey one! The whole family was in the car so, of course, there were questions from the backseat. That is, from LauraBeth. First, we explained that even grown-ups have rules that they have to obey and Daddy made a choice to disobey. We were trying to communicate a lesson to her because from her mouth..."rules are boring!" She asked us what was going to happen and we explained that we would be getting a ticket. Then she said, "if you get a ticket, do they take you to jail?" Quickly, we let her know that wasn't the case, but we would have to pay a hefty amount of money. After the officer finished whatever it is they do, he came back to the window and asked Barrett to step outside the vehicle. (We found out after Barrett got back in that the officer did not want to discuss it in front of the kids.) They went behind the van and the officer discussed the ticket with Barrett and the kids were intently watching. As LB watched, she loudly proclaimed "he's putting handcuffs on Daddy!" In reality, he wasn't but LB saw Barrett's hands behind his back and thought that was happening! So inside the car, we were roaring with laughter. Leave it to her to say something funny! So the moral of this story is....even grown-ups have to obey!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Ugh. This is a lesson that I just learned for myself. On the way to our beach trip with the family...I got pulled over. Les was the only one with me - and since she has never been pulled over, I had to keep HER calm! My ticket of 12 miles over was for $183.00!!! I hope Bear's was not that bad. Never fun.
Post a Comment