Ok, last week I neglected to post anything about my clinicals. So, I will combine for this week. I don't really have any great funny stories this week. I had 2 very serious patients. I know last week was a real eye opener for me. I realized that there are so many things that we take for granted every day. After observing my patient last week with Parkinson's disease, I was acutely aware of how fortunate I am. Even the simple things, like feeding himself, became challenging. I had to fight back emotion as I assisted him with his lunch. He was such a sweet man and didn't want to be a bother.
This week my patient was even more serious. Very young (in my opinion) and terminally ill with cirrhosis. An illness that could have been prevented had he made different choices. This week was hard. It was sad to see someone in this stage of this disease.
So what are some things I have realized these last two weeks.....
Family is sooooo important, the most important.
Compassion..you can't have too much.
The little things are what make a difference....when you care for the person's heart it makes a lasting impression.
There is not enough time.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Adventures in Nursing School...Clinicals day 3 & 4
Posted by Bethany Edgeworth at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment