CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Adventures in Nursing School...Clinicals-day 2

Another day of clinicals gone by. I must admit, I love this floor I am on. We endearingly call it the "poo poo" floor. I know you think that's gross, but it is. I mean, it's a GI floor. We deal with poo all day long! Anyway, I had another great patient today, a sweet little man and his very funny wife. She didn't let him whine or complain for one second. I have definitely now added a couple more skills to my repertoire. Which isn't very large :) I am thoroughly enjoying my schooling right now and realizing this is totally what God has called me to do. I just hate that I am just now figuring that out, but at least I'm figuring it out, right?

A few funnies from the day....

1. A patient with red socks on should not be walking herself up and down the hallways! (red socks indicate a fall risk)

2. Little man stopped in front of the nurses station and proclaimed loudly, "Hey, what we gonna do about this!?!" (He was pointing to the front of his gown that had a nice, round, fresh stain from a leak in his device.)

3. Thought I was going to have to give my male patient a bath, but to my surprise the PCA had already done it! (Glad she was Johnny-on-the-spot!)

That's all for now...I'm sure over the next 4 weeks there will be many more stories! I said it last week, but I realize it more each week...thank a nurse!! They don't get enough recognition.

1 comments:

Kait said...

I am loving your nursing blogs!! You are going to be the best nurse ever, I can tell how much you are loving what you are doing. And that is what counts!! I am laughing so hard at your funny stories, keep them coming :-)