So, if you're like me you love chick flicks. I love how they make you feel. For some reason they just have the perfect way of drawing you in to this make-believe world. I especially love the way I feel when a scene from the movie is set to some cool song. Songs are so wonderful at flooding us with emotion. I have often wondered what it would be like if my life was set to a song. A soundtrack of sorts. You know, like a theme song.
It's been a rather full last few days and my poor family had no food in the house, so tonight, after the kids went to bed, I went grocery shopping. I'm not sure why we attach the word shopping to it because to me that is not shopping. Anyway, I had my ipod in the car and decided to listen to it while I walked through the store. It was like being in a movie! My life, well the part at Wal-Mart, finally had a soundtrack. I picked my playlist entiltled "favorites" and just got lost in all the music. It actually made something that I absolutely loathe, quite bearable. Not to mention, sometimes I forgot I was at the store and would catch myself singing a little too loud.
I'm sure you are now wondering what is this randomness all about. Well, just to say, enjoy the small seemingly mundane moments. It seems like those are the times, if we get quiet, He speaks to us. You see, on my ipod there is a compilation of a wide variety of music and artists, but on my favorites list it's mostly praise and worship music. So my little moment at Wal-Mart was more than just grocery shopping. It was a really neat experience where I watched the world around me happen, but was oblivious. I wasn't tuned in to anything else. So, for whatever it's worth I wanted to share. You should try it some time...I think it was the first time I went to buy groceries and there was zero frustration...I didn't even care that there were only two registers open. That just meant more soundtrack for me!
He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our
God. More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery,
abandoning themselves to God.

2 comments:
Aren't those moments in life so great! Too bad we don't allow them to happen more often!
I love this blog Bethany....made me think that I need a Walmart Soundtrack moment myself! :)
Post a Comment