CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's about time there was an update!

Well, I haven't posted in a while so I figured a little update was in order. Where to begin...

Cole is loving first grade and learning so much! He enjoys his homework, for now. He comes straight in the door from school and does whatever is on his list and gets it handled. I think maybe he loves to be able to check things off like his mom does! Poor kid, why is it they inherit the bad genes from us? He is also playing flag football. He is playing with most of his baseball buds from this past spring. It's fun to watch them learn a new sport together. Flag football is a little different from regular football, but he enjoys it regardless. I love to see his face when he scores a touchdown or pulls a flag! Priceless. He is also doing boy scouts. We just started a couple of weeks ago, but I think he likes it. Now, we are selling popcorn. Anyone want any?

LauraBeth is loving kindergarten. She is already reading, which is amazing to me. I'm sure having a big brother helped that one a bit! She writes and draws pictures every day. She's actually quite good at writing words the way they phonetically sound to her. For example, the other day she drew a picture of a picnic. It was complete with tablecloth, ants, and watermelon. Except she spelled it 'wotrmeln.' Apparently, that's pretty good spelling for her age, let's just hope by middle school that changes :). I have been planning on getting her registered for cheernastics, but just haven't made it to the place to sign her up. I know, I know, slacker mom! She's such a go with the flow kind of kid and for that I am very thankful! She is much like her dad when it comes to that. They are just sort of they type that are happy to be alive. It's refreshing and I should take notes. Anyway, she has made lots of new friends and absolutely loves Mrs. Keeney! We all do. I am very glad that she has had the opportunity of experiencing kindergarten with her. (I could go on for days about her teacher!)

Leah...what can I say about her? She is lots of fun and full of energy. She still doesn't play with her toys unless she is confined to a small area (like her bed) and given no other choice. She would rather turn the tv off and on and pull all of the bowls out of the cabinets! She stays with my mom and my great aunt while I go to school during the week. I know she keeps them busy, but she is a good baby. She is close to walking, but not yet. I fully expect it to be a while. The other two were almost 14 months. So, I'm not getting my hopes up. She says a few things...'mama', 'dada', 'bubba', 'that', 'Bax' (my mom's dog, except now all dogs get called this), and recently she has started babbling. She really is talking, at least she thinks so, but the rest of us have no idea what she is saying. If you reply to her with a 'what did you say?' she will repeat. So obviously, she thinks she is communicating. It's cute! She loves to eat and she loves yogurt! I'd have to say it's probably one of her favorites.

Barrett is such a big help these days. He has picked up a lot of slack for me. He is cooking for us and really stepping up with the kids so I can study. I am so fortunate that he is so supportive! Funny story about him cooking...the other night Cole asked me, "mom, when are you going to cook again?" We all just laughed and then I took the evening off from studying and cooked for him. He was excited to have green beans. If I had known that is all I had to do to get him to eat veggies! Anyway, I just have to say Barrett is such a wonderful husband and I can't thank him enough for all that he does!

Lastly, school for me is going well. So far I feel pretty good about it. We had to take a couple of math tests and had to make 90% on them to pass. I am over that hurdle! I know I said in an earlier post that my teacher indicated that A's were hard to get and she was right! It has been hard trying to teach myself new ways to think and learn. But as of right now, I do have an A average in my classes. That's even after I got a "C" on one test. Honestly though, I have never been happier to have a C. Really, I was just happy I didn't fail! I have a great group of friends that I study with every Thursday night and it has really helped as well. All of us are very much type A overachievers so we push each other. I feel like I have stepped out of my life and pressed pause for a moment. Although, I know nothing is really being paused. Each day that passes is one day closer to my goal. That's what I keep telling myself. This will all be worth it in the end!

Hopefully, that will get everyone up to date and maybe I'll have a chance this weekend to post some pics. Stay tuned...

0 comments: