WOW! It's been a while since I posted last...mainly because, with my school, this is the first chance I've had in about 2 months ;) Well, the kids are all tucked in and full of excitement about their first day of school tomorrow. Second grade for Cole and first grade for LauraBeth. Did I just say that? I am very excited about their teachers and I think this is going to be a great year for both of them. I never worry about who they might get as teachers because I know that God is watching out for them and will give them whoever is best for them. That really proved true this year!
It's really hard to believe that just a short time ago (2006) they looked like this......
And now (2009) they look like this...

Tonight as we were saying goodnight we said our prayers and they were so sweet! Both of them prayed for a good first day and to make new friends. How cool, that they know they can pray for that. Something that as an adult I might see as 'simple', they know they can pray about. Maybe I should take a lesson, right? They are definitely 'movin' on up' in school grade and in maturity. I thank God for these two kiddos and I don't know what I ever did before them. They are both very special and I know God has big plans for them!
I'll leave you with this email I got (from my mom) about the first day of school...
Here we are again, Lord.
Their backpacks are loaded and their faces are scrubbed and their lunch accounts are full. And I know you'll walk with them, Lord. You always do.
But a mom still has to ask. Will You walk with them?
Will You whisper to them what they need to hear, when I'm not there to whisper it?
Will You please, oh please, cover their school with the protection only You can give, and will You keep harm far away?
Will You make their minds strong and ready to learn?
Will You help them understand that hard work honors the One who created them?
Will You guide their teachers, giving them patience and wisdom and creativity and more patience?
Will You bless them for their efforts?
Will You love all those children there, the ones whose lunch accounts aren't full, the ones who feel alone?
Will You teach my children to be kind and unselfish and to love those who are different from them?
Will You point them back toward home just as soon as you can?
Lord, I give them to You today and everyday, trusting them to Your care. Amen.

0 comments:
Post a Comment