CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Grader

I picked this picture for this post because it sort of defines this year, so far, for LB.


Let me stroll down memory lane for one second. I vaguely remember first grade, and the few memories I have are not fond. I did not like my teacher, she was not nice like first grade teachers are supposed to be. In fact, she would have been better suited to teach first grade at a military school!

Anyway, all that to say that LB is already having such a fantastic year. Did I mention her teacher is soooooo much FUN! I am not even exaggerating the slightest little bit. She is a God-send for us. AND I am so glad that her first grade experience is polar opposite of mine!

Last night we had our first 'family outing' and the whole class got together and went swimming and cooked out. It really was a blast and it was good for the parents to connect as well.

Her teacher has a super cool VW Bug convertible....well, long story short, she gave LB a ride home from the party (even though I was there). WOW! It made LB's night! I just have to say thanks to Ms. H for doing that, she has not stopped talking about riding in 'the car with no top'.

I forgot to mention earlier that her teacher is a MAJOR LSU fan...so we won't tell Daddy that LB was waving her LSU flag in the air the whole way home :)

It's so amazing to think that God cares even about the little things in our lives, like which teacher would be perfect for us. I might even say it is ordained.

(Although, I'm still wondering about that first grade teacher of mine!)

1 comments:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

And the precious glasses....you didn't even mention those! She is such a doll!

I hope one of my kiddos gets to have Ms. H....if only for the fun Chris will have with her! Ha!

Hope you're enjoying your new 'puter! I bet you LOVE it!!!