We went to the Georgia Aquarium this weekend and it was lots of fun, however, the crowd was a little large to say the least. (I'll post some pics later) We waited forever in line for tickets and it was hot and everyone else decided to go to the Aquarium as well. We finally got to the line to get our tickets and of course had to put all 15 bags that are associated with babies up on the counter for the security guard to look through to make sure that this family of 5 wasn't a threat. I mean really, do we fit the description? Then they proceeded to wave the little wand over every one of us, even the kids! I asked her if she needed to wave her wand over the baby, but she didn't enjoy my sarcasm. Oh, and Barrett always carries a pocket knife with him and he had to check it out front for us to come back for after we were done. (Don't even get me started on my feelings about this whole process and the lack of privacy we now have, that's another blog for another day and probably one I should keep to myself.) Anyway, all of this lead in to explain the next conversation. Cole asks..."mommy, why did they just do all that stuff to us?" Kind of a loaded question I thought. How do you explain to a 7 year old what happened on 9/11 that prompted all of this. I put it in kid terms. "well, you see, when you were a baby some really bad guys came to our country and killed a bunch of people and now everyone has to let people look through their stuff so that they can make sure no one is trying to hurt us again..." They, Cole and LB, are listening to my explanation and almost immediately you can see the wheels turning. Cole says, "Mommy, if I see a bad guy I am going to punch him in the face!" I commended him on his bravery and then feel a tug at my shirt from LB. She cups her hand over her mouth to whisper, except it was a far cry from a whisper, and says...."or you could kick him in the weenie!" You can tell her daddy has been coaching her on what to do if a stranger or anyone tries to hurt her! She keeps us laughing...
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment