CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Prince Caspian

So, we took the kids to see the second Narnia movie today, Prince Caspian. It was incredible. C.S. Lewis is an absolute literary genius and the movie producers have not compromised his stories in any way. (It is a little out of order from the book, but pretty much dead on. There were a few creative liberties, but this is 2008.) I was so impressed with the parallels with the Bible in this one, even more so than the first. One of the obvious symbolisms is that Aslan personifies Jesus. I will tell a little of the movie, but not enough to spoil it for you. As you might have imagined the Pevensies return to Narnia, but it is not as they once knew it. They are summoned to help. Enough said. Anyway, they are obviously looking for Aslan to save the day. (Isn't that what we do with God?) Well, Lucy sees him early on, but none of her siblings believe her, well, maybe Edmund does, but no one acts on it. You see, the others have lost faith because they are older and Lucy personifies a child like faith. She sees him immediately and believes they should wait on him and the others wonder why he isn't there and think they should take matters into their own hands. Finally, Lucy finds him and his words are so profound. Watch the clip.........



Wow, did you catch what he said?? "...and why did that stop you from coming to me?" That was one of the best lines of the movie!! (once you see the movie, this clip will have even more of an impact)

The next greatest part was the ending. The ending sort of made me feel like I saw a glimpse of what the Israelites might have experienced in one of their battles. No way should they have won, but God delivered his people.

An amazing ending....guess you'll have to check it out. Worth every penny we spent, not to mention being able to answer my kid's questions and explain to them the parallels. Seems like it makes some difficult Biblical concepts easier for them to understand...probably why C.S. Lewis wrote it.

(I will definitely be watching this one again and will have to own it as well. We do own the first one. I am also re-reading all the books. Cole noticed I had them and asked if he could read them! Of course I will let him as soon as he can tackle it.)
Anyway, just had to blog about this movie!

0 comments: