CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The way we were....

Psalms 127:3 (the message)

Don't you see that children are God's best gift? the fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children!

What did we do before kids? For the life of me I can't remember. I know there was stuff to do, but it's like I have this mental block. For one, I didn't sit at home all day and do laundry and dishes and clean only to wake up the next morning and do it all again. Now my life is dictated by three little people, all of which are at least 2 decades younger than myself, whose schedules are incessantly busy. When did this happen? Did I blink and suddenly become laiden with the reponsibility of all this? Well, whenever it happened, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think that they [kiddos] keep me young and on my toes. Sometimes I feel like we don't have time to breathe, but what boredom would we be experiencing without them. Barrett and I have had conversations trying to remember life before children, but it's not possible to recover those memories. Maybe because they are not worth recovering. I think I've decided that life didn't begin until them. This time in our life is hard, but probably the best. I know one day I will look back, when my kids are bigger and don't think that we are worthy of their presence, and wish for this time again. When my house is empty and I no longer hear "mommy" five million times a day, when there are no more diapers to change, when there are no more sippy cups to fix, when there are no more fights to break up, when there is no need to hide in the bathroom for 2 minutes of solitude, it will be then that this time will not seem busy, hectic or chaotic, but it will be priceless!

2 comments:

The Tittle Family said...

Hey Bethany! I found your blog! It will be nice to keep up with you guys - I love reading! Here's the link to ours if you want to check it out.
http://tittletimes.blogspot.com/
Hope you all have a great Easter!
Amber

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Amen Sista!!! Love ya,
Megan