CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

New Chapter for LauraBeth









Some of you may know that LB just changed pre-schools. I know it may seem crazy to change this late in the year, but we let her decide and she wanted a new school. It was very bittersweet leaving Hunter Street because they have done such an amazing job taking care of her for the past 4 years. I hated to leave, but Leah will be there next year. Anyway, LB started at Trace Crossings last week and she has loved it. She says that she goes to big school now (it is actually a state funded preschool, so it is in an elemetary school). She goes to music, art, and PE once a week and she gets to eat lunch in the lunchroom (big deal to her, but soon she'll figure out there's not much to be excited about school food :)). She goes 5 days a week now and gets an extra hour (good for me!). This program is great and her teachers are wonderful! They put together special needs children with typically developing children. LB thinks she is a little mommy. She still misses her best friends from Hunter Street, and they actually came over and played yesterday. She is making new friends and adapting well. I have learned so much about her over the past week. She is a strong and resilient child. Change doesn't bother her at all, in fact, she welcomes the challenge. I think I could learn a lot from her! Here are a few pics of her and her new friends!







0 comments: