CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tagged...8 Things

So my friend Megan tagged me for this and I thought it would be fun to do...


8 things I'm looking forward to:


1. Disney World!!! (Yes, I copied Megan, but it's true) We leave on May the 16th for our trip. This will be our second time to take the big kids and I think that we, Barrett and I, are way more excited than they are. The kids are taller and are going to get to ride A LOT more things...the only bummer is that Space Mountain is closed for refurbishment :( Well, and one more bummer is that my parents aren't going to get to go with us...

2. The Beach....we leave Orlando on May 24th and drive straight to Orange Beach for another week of vacation. I know it seems crazy to have two vacations back to back, but that is the only time we can go with my school schedule. It's not going to be fun to come back to reality.

3. Finishing Nursing School!!!! I know it's a year away, but I cannot wait. I start my 3rd semester on June 1st and I feel like after that it will all be downhill from there. At least, that's what I'm telling myself so that I can make it through it.

4. Finishing my summer semester...I know this is closely related to the one above, but I am a little nervous about this summer semester of school. Not only do I have 2 nursing classes, but I also have to take Microbiology and it is all crammed into 10 weeks! I can do it, but I think my summer is not going to be very relaxing. I've already decided that I will be getting many study hours camped out at the pool while soaking up the sun. It will be nice when 4th semester rolls around and I only have 1 class!!!

5. Being able to spend more time with my family....when all this school stuff is over, I am definitely going to make up for lost time!

6. The future and what it holds...I love my life and my family and can't wait to see what is in store for us.

7. My birthday...for some reason I have always loved birthdays, and even though I turn 30 this year, I still anticipate and look forward to it. It is going to be a little sad to not be able to say I am 'twenty-something'. I must clarify though, that I am not looking forward to turning 30!

8. Seeing my kids grow and mature....this one is bittersweet. I love watching them grow and develop their personalities. This year Cole will be 8!!!! I can't believe it. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Sad, that he is 8 and that I'm old enough to have an 8 year old. Happy, that he is turning out to be such a great kid! LB will be 6...which is another thing I can't believe. Of all of my kids, her life has been a blur to me. She will be in 1st grade next year and this will be the first year I don't have a kindergartener. She is such a sweet one! Lastly, Leah is 18 months and BUSY! She adds so much to our family dynamics...She's the funny one!



8 things I did yesterday the past few days:

1. Took two tests...one on Diabetes and the other on several different subjects in Peds. They were not fun and I'm glad they are over.

2. Watched a 7 year-old baseball game and did not enjoy the outcome...on a positive note, Cole hit one of his best hits all season and it almost made it to the fence!

3. Studied...the story of my life right now!

4. Laundry, that is, when I get caught up on it and feel like doing it...which is where the vicious cycle begins put it off, piles up, never get caught up....you know what I'm talking about.

5. Grocery shopping, which I used to loathe, but I am growing more fond of it. For two reasons, alone time and I've learned to bargain shop and it is rewarding to get groceries for our family for CHEAP! Thanks
E-Mealz ladies...

6. Worked...I enjoy my very part-time job at Children's Hospital. I watched one of our patients keep the empty syringe from his pump and put water in it and squirt all the nurses as they unsuspectingly walked by....but he got his mom the best. Oh, but don't worry she got him good...you can only run as far as your IV line will go. The other wonderful thing about my job is watching these kids get better. If you want to read an amazing story go
here.

7. Did I mention that I studied?

8. Read with both my older kids. It amazes me to hear them. It just confirms that they are growing up way too fast! I remember when they could barely talk...


8 things I wish I could do:

1. Draw....I wish I could draw or paint. Don't we always wish we could do what we can't and are never satisfied with what we can...at least I am!

2. Exercise...I wish I had time to exercise. I guess I have time, but I just don't make it a priority...maybe next year (when I finish school).

3. Make the days longer....

4. Keep my kids from growing up so fast.

5. Wiggle my nose and make laundry and messes disappear.

6. Go to the movies with just my husband, what's that called? Oh yeah, a date!

7. Read some books for leisure that have NOTHING to do with nursing.

8. Blog more often.

8 shows I wish I could watch:

1. The Office
2. American Idol (haven't watched ONE episode this season)
3. House
4. Dancing With the Stars
5. Dateline
6. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
7. King Of Queens
8. Andy Griffith

I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you want to do it go for it!

0 comments: