CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Shout to the Lord!

I know I normally post about my family and kids, but I just couldn't ignore this....

Ok, so do you think that way back in 1993 when Darlene Zschech penned the song Shout to the Lord that she ever would have thought it would be sung by a completely diverse group of people on one of the most watched shows on television? Probably not, but WOW! I know that the first airing, on Wednesday, altered the lyrics, but the encore performance on Thursday did not. How wonderful that glory and honor was brought to Jesus' name! I know for me on Wednesday it was disappointing that they sang that song and then a celebrity walks out and squelches the moment with a not-so-pleasing to the ears string of words. But what amazing redemption for the song on Thursday night. Don't know what's going on with the producers of that show, but seems like someone's heart is being changed. Even if for one moment, think how many people that performance had the potential of reaching. Music is powerful! Here's what Darlene Zschech had to say on her blog....

"Shout to the Lord" on American Idol

Thank you so much for all the feedback and encouragement I’ve received from so many of you who saw the performance of ‘Shout to the Lord’ on Idol Gives Back. It was such an incredible honour for me to have the song reach such an audience and declare the greatness of God to the nation.

As you know, in the performance of Shout the Lord which was aired on Wednesday night, the first line was changed from my original lyrics “My Jesus, My Saviour”. I wanted to clear up any confusion or misunderstanding to state that this was done without my knowledge and also without any approval or permission.

American Idol has since corrected this in the second airing of the show….. so that Jesus is glorified and His name is lifted high in all the earth.

Much love,
Darlene

By her [Darlene] own figures, it is estimated that the song Shout to the Lord is sung by an estimated 25 to 30 million churchgoers every week and has been covered by at least 20 other artists. Talk about exponentially reaching others!

If you didn't get a chance to see the second performance, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WOzF9ZGA7A

1 comments:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Thanks so much for posting that. I missed it and was so thrilled to see it. It is so awesome to see a little glimpse of God in the media....let's pray it happens more and more....this world needs it more than ever! Praise God!!